Corvallis, Ore., Monday, March 1 – The Corvallis Knights have been fortunate to have longstanding…
A motivated team of interns will play a major role in the off-field success of the Corvallis Knights during the 2018 West Coast League season.
The team’s interns will work with almost every aspect of the Knights organization, from merchandise sales, on-field entertainment, marketing, data analytics, ticketing and branding. Many receive academic credit and are exposed to the sports business via a wide range of preseason and summer projects that require critical thinking, creativity, enthusiasm and commitment.
“I am incredibly pleased with our interns this season,” said Bre Miller, the Knights President and General Manager. “They are motivated, intelligent and eager to learn.
“I could not be more excited to be going into the season with this group of young talent.”
The Knights 2018 box office intern team will work for Director of Tickets & Promotions Korey Kozaryn. Team members are:
- Ashley Ferns, a political science major at Oregon State from Klamath Falls. Her favorite team is the Beavers. She will be the team leader.
- Nicole Thatcher, a new media major at OSU who grew up in Hillsboro. Her favorite team is the Kansas Jayhawks.
- Derek Buchheit, a business administration major from the University of Oregon who grew up in Stayton. His favorite team is the Ducks.
The team’s merchandise interns help design, market and sell the Knights new merchandise for the 2018 season. They also organize and set up the displays; order and inventory merchandise and process all transactions.
This year’s merchandise team is headed by Hayley Pullen, an OSU marketing major from Sandy whose favorite team is the Beavers.
She will be assisted by:
- Eliza Adams, an OSU marketing and Finance major from Dunedin, New Zealand, who roots for the Beavers.
- Corbie Johnson, a kinesiology major from Elmira, also an OSU fan.
- Courteney Landis, a marketing/communications major from West Linn whose favorite team is the Golden State Warriors.
Kozaryn will also direct the promotions team.
OSU digital communications major Kalib LaChapelle returns for his second summer with the Knights. He will run the video board and will serve as the stadium DJ and handle the digital marketing, Facebook and Twitter accounts. A Burns native, his favorite team is the Boston Red Sox.
Also on the promotions team are:
- Oregon public relations major Aubree Tolley, a Portland native who will oversee the Knights Reading Club program. She’s a Ducks fan.
- Oregon public relations major Kacie Van Stiphout, a Minnesota Wild fan who will oversee the Knights Instagram account.
- OSU communications major Zack Collins, an Elmira native/Chicago Bears fan who will head up the Junior Knights Club.
Miller will oversee the operations interns. They are:
- Nicole Schroeder, an OSU marketing major from Rocklin, Calif., who cheers for the Oakland A’s. She will direct the Great Harvest Co. Kids Zone presented by Jiffy Lube.
- Cory Graham, an OSU communications major from Camano Island, Wash. He will direct the Street Team and help with team marketing and advertising.
- Jamie Penner, an OSU communications major from Frazier Park, Calif., who cheers for the Boston Red Sox. She will assist Nicole in the Great Havest Co. Kids Zone presented by Jiffy Lube.
Hunter Biviano will manage the press box. An OSU marketing major from Salem whose favorite team is the New York Yankees, Hunter will oversee partner marketing and serve as the team statistician and press box manager.
Assisting him is:
- OSU media communications major Jeffrey Petro. A Pasadena, Calif., native who cheers for the Los Angeles Dodgers, will handle video operations.
- OSU media communications major Matt Rockhold. A Palo Cedro, Calif., native who cheers for the San Francisco Giants, he will assist Jeffrey in video operations and team photography.
“All of our interns are great additions and will be exposed to a real-world work environment,” Miller said. “They have hit the ground running and are off to a good start.”