Goss Stadium at Coleman Field is the home of the Pacific-12 Conference’s Oregon State Beavers, and the West Coast League’s Corvallis Knights. It has been OSU’s home field since 1907 and is the oldest continuously-used college venue in the country.
The playing surface is named Coleman Field in honor of former OSU player and coach Ralph Coleman, who guided the Beavers for 35 seasons from 1923-66.
The stadium is named for John and Eline Goss. Their major lead gift to the $2.3-million fundraising effort led to the construction of the original stadium in 1999. John Goss was an OSU track and field letterman in the 1930s. The stadium’s name is also a memorial to his older brother, James Goss, an OSU graduate.
Permanent outdoor seating capacity at Goss Stadium is 2,804 in the summer, with a total capacity of 3,049 when including the Stadium’s Omaha Club Room, TnT Builders Party Deck at Banners and the Knight Grocery Outlet Box Suite.
Thanks to OSU head baseball coach Pat Casey’s vision and tireless fundraising efforts, Goss Stadium was first expanded in 2008, and has since undergone several major upgrades.
- The entire playing surface was converted to FieldTurf before the 2015 season. The infield-only was turfed from 2008-14.
- The Jacoby Ellsbury Locker Room complex, and the Banners hospitality area, were added for the 2015 season.
- Lights were added for the 2002 season.
- A new scoreboard, with video capability, was added in 2007. A brand-new scoreboard with enhanced video capabilities was added for the 2016 season.
The ballpark also features:
- A club level with box seating, the Omaha Club Room.
- An academic center and Hall of Fame room.
- The Darwin Barney Alumni Room.
- A players’ lounge, renovated and upgraded in 2016.
- A press box, concession area, home and visiting clubhouse, dugouts and batting cages.
Goss Stadium at Coleman Field is located off of Washington Way near the center of the OSU campus. The stadium is located directly east of the Dixon Recreation Center (26th street & Washington Way) and south of the OSU Bookstore and Valley Library. The park’s physical address is 430 SW Langton Place, Corvallis, OR 97331. Click here to view a map.
Alcohol is not permitted in section 7, a family zone.
The Goss Stadium ticket window is located in the stadium plaza area, just to the third-base side (left) of the main entrance.