Candidate must provide entertainment as our mascot, Mack the Knight, at all 32 home games, plus playoffs, and outside community appearances. During games, meet and greet fans, work closely with the promotional team during on-field games, and take pictures with fans to enhance all-around game experience.
- Must have an enthusiastic and high energy at all times.
- Develop, create and execute skits to be performed on the field or dugouts to enhance the game day experience for 1,500+ Corvallis Knights fans.
- Preserve the identity of the mascot without deviating from established character including: body language/mannerisms, attitude, fan interaction, and team representation
- Work well in a team environment.
- Administer costume maintenance and props on a daily basis.
- Flexible work schedule; must be available some nights and weekends.
- Previous experience as a mascot preferred.
- Dance experience preferred.
- Must be able to sustain hot temperatures while standing on concrete and able to life 50+ pounds.
WORKING FOR THE CORVALLIS KNIGHTS
Before applying for a position, please take a brief moment to review our core values and expectations. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we are looking for attitude over aptitude. The traits of a Knight are as follows: a passionate, enthusiastic, hard-working, flexible, talented and tough critical thinker.
Attendance at all games and events is required for all interns and staff. Individuals should plan to have team-related commitments through the end of August. Job postings for concessions and hospitality staff will be posted in February 2017.
We are incredibly proud of the individuals who have been a part of our rich history. We are truly a Knights Family and we remain connected with many of our former interns, staff and players. Former Knights interns have gone on to work for:
- New York Yankees
- Portland Trail Blazers
- Portland Timbers
- San Diego Padres
- Texas Rangers
- NBA League Office
- Sports Illustrated
- JetBlue Airways Headquarters
- University of Oregon Athletic Department
- Fred Meyer Headquarters
- Nocking Point Winery
- Reser’s Fine Foods
- Van Vleet Meats
Additional Team Info
If you receive an interview, please come prepared by arriving on-time, in business attire and with at least 2 copies of your resume. It is in your best interest to do research on the team and the West Coast League and to come with relevant questions about the organization and the roles you applied for. When applying for a position, you will be asked for 3 references. These references may be contacted in the event that you are under serious consideration for a position.
We are a drug-free workplace. Consuming drugs or alcohol at the office or stadium, or showing up under the influence of drugs or alcohol, is strictly forbidden and will result in immediate termination. Business attire is expected in our office. Khakis, team-issued shirts and Nike shoes are expected on game days and at community events. While representing the team publicly, you are expected to maintain appropriate grooming and personal hygiene.